2010-08-01

The Smoke Ring and the Shell






Finshed my Wavy Feathers Wimple, and can't wait for the cooler weather to get some wear out of it.




I've started working on Sheldon and am really excited with how well he's turning out!



Specs:

Yarn: Cheapy acryllic gathering dust in my stash
Needles: 3.75 mm 24" circ; 3.25 mm dpns

To echo many other knitters who have knit this before me, so far I'm finding this to be a really finicky pattern. There is a lot of finishing involved, from crochet edges to simple seaming and stuffing.  I was prepared for this, so I haven't let it bother me (too much).  I'm planning to create a variable wardrobe for this happy little turtle, complete with three different brightly coloured shells.  When I'm finished, GQ will be knocking down this turtle's door! 

Modifications: I started this project before I had a chance to buy the right size of dpns, so I didn't bother with the i cord to connect the top and bottom of the shell.  I don't really notice a difference, and have a sneaking suspicion the recipient won't either. 

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment