2010-08-14

A Very Knitty Birthday!

My boyfriend hit it out of the park this year!  Grand Slam-a-lam-a-ding-dong!






Among the gifts he ever so thoughtfully picked out for me were:


A beautiful bouquet of flowers, including my absolute favourite, daisies! 


A bag to display that I am not only patriotic (Woo hoo Canada!), but also a knitter!  And it's HUGE!  Carry a sock project?  You bet!  How about a hat?  Of course!  A sweater?  No sweat! 
All three?  You better believe it! 
 Will be getting A LOT of use out of this one.


A new mug for work!  All the ladies (and gents, I'm sure) will be green with envy!


I've been coveting this bumper sticker since I first stumbled upon the Knitty website. 

True story: Last night I went out for a couple of drinks with some friends and was DD, since the bf and I are playing (early!) in a softball tournament today.  As I was driving one of my friends home, a cab driver slowed down in the lane beside me, pulled back a bit, and was reading the sticker.  He loved it!  Asked us if we would make him a sweater.
Knitting related gifts are the best!



I've finished shell #2 and have started working on the body for my Sheldon project.



Progress has stalled a bit, but continues on.  It's so hard to stay focused in these dog days of summer.





Annie                                                                              






and





            Reesey




say Hello!



 
 
 
 
 
 


Now, off to play the last two games of our tournament.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment