2010-03-31

Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away

I have a secret.  One of my most favourite things to do in this world is put baby hats on my pets.  Fills me with sheer delight.  Love it. 


My pets, on the otherhand, do not love it.

Behold:  The Aviatrix by Justine Turner



Specs:

Yarn: Plymouth Encore worsted - leftovers from my BSJ.  Amazingly, there is still some left.  Perhaps some booties are in store.
Needles: 3.25mm, 4.5mm
Size: small.  quite small.  I'm no baby expert, but I would say it's got to be 0-6 mos.
Modifications: I added a second button hole around the 45 row mark on the strap, and am considering adding a second button due North of the one sewn on there.  I have a sneaking suspicion the strap is going to stretch, and I will be aptly prepared when it does.
Impressions: Fast knit.  The repeats are easily memorizable, and the counting is intuitive - a row counter isn't necessary.   Excellent project for in front of the TV time, as it's relatively mindless.

Overall I'm very pleased with this one.


Orly is not.

1 comment:

  1. He looks like he's enjoying himself to me. :)

    ReplyDelete