2010-03-13

A little burst of Patriotism

Better late than never, right?

Currently on the needles is:

Pattern: O Canada Mittens by Vicki Taylor-Hood
Yarn: Lionbrand Vanna's Choice in red and Bernat in white
Needles: 2.5 mm
Size: Adult


My 2010 Canadian Olympic mittens! 
I thought about taking the Olympic rings out of the chart, since the Olympics have long
passed but decided to stick with the Olympic theme as
my own personal commemoration to the event.

General impressions so far:

I love them!  The colourwork is beautiful, the charts are easy to read, and the pattern is FREE!  I'm reversing the colours, with red being a dominant and white an accent.  I love, love, LOVE the two colour long tail cast on and the braided ridges.  They really make the cuff pop

I also love that the use of two colours makes them doubly thick.  This is important because I'm making them with acryllic rather than wool (I just couldn't find the right shade of red in the wool section).

Am looking forward to casting these off!

No comments:

Post a Comment