2010-03-07

One Surprised Baby Jacket coming up!



BSJ. 

Since the dawn of knitting time, I've wanted to knit this ubiquitous pattern. 

Why the delay?  Partly because it took me a while to even buy the pattern, since it isn't affordable on its own (the shipping cost is more than the price of the pattern?  What is this??) and I really didn't want to buy Zimmerman's book for just one pattern.  So for a long time I pined. 

Then one day at the LYS, I asked the girl at the counter (for kicks, you know) if they sold it.  To my shock and amazement they did!  Oh happy day!

Pattern: Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore worsted
Needles: A very long 3.25mm circ
Size: 6 mos. baby size




This is a tricky pattern.  I was having trouble figuring out where/how to increase stitches and found some very helpful videos on youtube.  Highly recommend you give them a watch before getting too far with it.  Apart from the increases/decreases, the pattern is really straightforward, although you may be second guessing yourself as you go along, as it doesn't look much like a cardigan in progress.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the way it turned out.  It's a little larger than I was expecting, but it's been my experience with (other people's) baby clothing, bigger is always better.


It will remain buttonless until I find out a) who this puppy is going to and b) what that baby's sex is.

No comments:

Post a Comment